Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Be Sure To Watch

On The Lot on FOX tonight.

Not because it looks like an interesting variation of the American Idol concept, with aspiring film makers being judged by a group of industry people (Carrie Fisher, Bruce Ratner, Gary Marshall, Jon Avnet) with the prize of a million dollar development deal with Dreamworks. Not because it has Mark Burnett and Steven Spielberg as executive producers. And not because it's one of those rare occasions when non-Americans are able to appear on an American reality show (although of the 50 semi-finalists only 2 currently reside outside the USA – one of them is one of the three Canadians).

No the real reason to watch On The Lot is this guy:

That's Tony Figueroa, the guy who has the first blog with Child Of Television as a name (I swear I thought I was being original when I came up with the title of this blog). Not only is Tony far better looking than I by a long margin, he's also married to a far lovelier lady than I could hope to aspire to. And now he gets to work for Steven Spielberg! (My biggest industry contact is a VP at Pixar that I went to high school with and haven't seen in thirty years.) He plays "The Tour Guide" and while I don't know how extensive his part in this series is, I know he'll be great. Anyway...

Best of luck Tony!

No comments: