You can see the complete list and explanation at the Calgary Sun website, but since I want to make a poll out of this I need to make some cuts. Out are:
- Star Trek - Because even with the cancellation it carried on like an inconvenient rash.
- Angel - Because I can't justify saying that a series that ran five years was cancelled prematurely even if I do believe it.
- Homicide: Life On The Streets - Because I can't justify saying that a series that ran seven years was cancelled prematurely even if I do believe it passionately.
- Once And Again - Because I can't justify saying that a series that ran three years was cancelled prematurely.
- Freaks & Geeks/Undeclared - Because I don't do twofers.
- The Tick - Because I really don't see what's so great about Patrick Warburton, and besides the cartoon was better.
- Family Guy - Because it was uncancelled.
- Reunion - Because no one - not even the writers knew how the damned thing was going to end.
- Boomtown - Because the producers let the weasels at the network ruin it by the second season.
- Now And Again - Because even though it had Dennis Haysbert singing people were always confusing it with Once And Again and we can't have that.
- Twin Peaks - Because even though the Sun writer put it at the top of his list, I always thought the show was close to unwatchable in the second season and I had the headaches to prove it.
- Robbery Homicide Division - Because I didn't really like it, or its star.
- The Job - Because I don't like Dennis Leary at the best of times.
- Greg The Bunny - Because I don't get it.
- EZ Streets, Andy Richter Controls The Universe, The Critic, and Cupid - Because I had to get this list down to seven entries and I either didn't watch or didn't care much for the snippets that I saw of these shows.
Please please please feel free to list your own choices for prematurely cancelled shows, either here in the comments section, or better yet email me.