Friday, March 31, 2006

A Pair of Genii

I'm trying something here which I'm hoping that Blogger supports, embedded video. It should since I 've seen Sam using these occassionally.

This is a classic bit from The Tonight Show which features Johnny Carson and Jack Webb, two men who I think it is fair to say revolutionised television. The date is 1968, which when the revived version of Dragnet debuted. I saw it on Mark Evanier's site and just knew it had be seen here. You can see both Jack and Johnny come close to the edge of breaking up and if these two pros, who've obviously rehearsed this thing at least once are pushing the edgeyou can imagine what it was like for people seeing it the first time. If you're seeing it for the first time you might want to find a chair that's been Scotch-Guarded.

No comments: