Friday, October 27, 2006

I'm Back

Well at least for a while. The old computer is toast. It might be the power supply or it might be the motherboard but either way I don't think it's cost effective to go to the trouble I'd have to go to in order to get it up and running again. I'd made the conscious decision to get a new computer as soon as Vista is released as things started failing on the old machine. I'm sticking with that idea, so what I'm doing now is actually using an older computer that my brother had - it's so old that it's running Windows 98 though it could run XP and probably will be by the end of the week. I've been spoiled by XP and how many of you thought you'd ever hear anyone say that! I still have slight hope of being able to get my hard drive from the dead machine up and running but this machine is set up in a very strange manner. It should work though if the drive isn't fried, which I fear is entirely possible. Anyway, that's an update on my current status. I'll probably have a real post in a day or two.

No comments: