Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A Random Meme

Here's something I found on BlogExplosion and thought was sort of interesting. It's a meme with the following instructions:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
5. Don’t search around and look for the “coolest” book you can find. Do what’s actually next to you.

The only thing I can't figure out is if they mean the fifth complete sentence on the page or the fifth sentence, where the first sentence starts on page 122. I've decided to go with the latter, but do what you want. The book is Ball Of Fire by Stefan Kanfer (a biography of Lucile Ball which includes the infamous naked Lucy photo) and the sentence is: "To Lucy, who was brought up in the humdrum sphere of a moderate, well-to-do, middle western, mercantile family, show business is the most glamorous field in the world." (The sentence is part of the premise that Jess Oppenheimer came up with for I Love Lucy.

Let's see, I have to pass this thing on, so how about Sam, Linda, and Ivan, literate types all. I'd add Tim if I thought there was any hope that he'd do it.

No comments: