Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Poll Update - I Screwed Up

If you voted in the current poll before 1 a.m. on Tuesday January 23, please vote again based on the question that is posted.

Apparently I forgot to change the poll question, thereby causing some possible confusion among readers as to what I wanted. In fact there was a question about that in the comments -Savannah expressed some confusion and I'm sure others did as well - so what I've done is reset the stats back to zero and done a couple of other things that will hopeful allow people who have voted to cast votes again. This should allow one vote per person for the entire week, I hope. One of the reasons why I'm looking for a different polling service is that the one I'm using makes some things I want to do difficult to carry out.

In the post that announced the poll I said there was something fishy about the results of the "which show should have been cancelled" poll that seemed a little fishy. In a nut shell here it is, and I hope no one takes offense. No poll that I have run in this blog has ever attracted more than maybe 25 voters - most attracted far fewer - and this one attracted 47 or 48. While the difference may be perfectly innocent, there was enough of a seed of doubt planted that I decided to err on the side of caution. I hope this explanation is acceptable - I certainly meant no offense to anyone.

No comments: