Thursday, July 13, 2006

Poll Results - Who SHOULD win the Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress In A Comedy?

Well that certainly worked out well. Not.

On the question of who should win the Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress In A Comedy, we have a grand total of 4 votes. I want to believe that it's because everyone who came across this poll was of the opinion that none of these actresses should win on general principle. I have to wonder whether, if I'd included "None of the above" as an option I would have received a higher total number of votes? But I felt that, to be true to the traditions of this blog and the Emmys themselves I should force my readers to hold their collective noses (or close their eyes and think of England as the saying goes) and actually vote for one of the women nominated. Four of you did just that.

reversing the normal order of things, I shall tell you that Lisa Kudrow, Jane Kaczmarek, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and Stockard Channing each received one stinking lousy vote each (25%, duh) tying them for first place, which means that the big fat loser that no one could bring themselves to vote for was Debra Messing from Will & Grace.

Let us admit that this category was ill-served by voters and blue ribbon committees alike and move on.

No comments: